Not long now until the day. Although most of us celebrate this day of love, there are some among us that don’t for whatever reason. Because of this, I thought I would give you a simple recipe that you can easily adjust the quantities for; so whether you want to cook this for a loved one, or just for yourself, enjoy!
But first, some useless facts about Valentine’s Day:
This recipe is quick and easy to make, so there will be plenty of time to show your loved one how much they mean to you.
Stuffed chicken breast, wrapped in pancetta, with green bean salad:
2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
2 tbsp full fat cream cheese
12 slices of pancetta
Extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground salt and pepper
For the green bean salad:
2 handfuls green beans
¼ lemon, juice only
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Place each chicken breast between two pieces of cling film and, using a meat mallet, bash out the pieces until about 0.5cm/0.25in thick. Remove the cling film.
- Spread one tablespoon of cream cheese over each chicken breast. Season and roll up the chicken to enclose the cheese.
- Place six slices of pancetta, side by side, on a chopping board. Place one chicken breast on the pancetta slices and tightly wrap pancetta around the chicken. Repeat with the remaining chicken and pancetta slices.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and cook in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, blanch the green beans for a few minutes in boiling water and then refresh in iced water.
- Toss the beans with the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the bean salad between two plates.
- Top with the cooked chicken and serve at once.
This is an easy meal to make, but if you want to make it easier, get in touch and we can take the hassle away for you.
Check out our Valentines day menu for more inspiration