These Terms and Conditions (including the Booking Form) apply to the following as may be applicable:
The Company’s supply of catering services to other persons or firms either within a 30-mile radius from Brampton, Cumbria (“Local”) or outside of that distance (“External”). This is measured on Google maps
The contract will be between the Company and the Customer (stated below and hereinafter referred to as ‘Customer’, ‘you’, ‘your’). These Terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
A large-scale event is 50+ guests and a small-scale event is 1 – 49 guests
Prices and Services:
1. All prices listed are inclusive of VAT, as we are not VAT registered.
2. Prices may include crockery, cutlery and professional uniformed waiting staff where stated on your catering package.
3. Table cloths and linen napkins may be included in your catering package. This will be stated on your confirmation letter.
4. If the number of guests attending exceeds the numbers originally booked, and we are able to cater for them, we will charge, at the prevailing rate, for the greater number.
5. If the number of guests is less than originally booked, we will still charge for the numbers ordered.
6. Final numbers of guests must be notified to us in writing no later than 14 days prior to the event. After this time if the numbers increase by up to 10 this can normally be accommodated, but this is not guaranteed and allowances cannot be made if the numbers drop.
7. Travel charges are at our discretion. These will be discussed with you if necessary and will be detailed on your confirmation letter
8. Gratuities are at your discretion.
9. Unless agreed otherwise in writing the only services that the Company agrees to provide to you are the services specified in your catering package which you have agreed to in writing.
10. Our contract with you for the provision of services will start when you complete the Booking Form and your non-refundable deposit is cleared funds in our bank account.
11. Blue Sheep Catering is not responsible for the safe keeping of clients’ valuables, personal belongings and gifts and we recommend that all personal items are taken home with you at the end of your event.
12. Blue Sheep Catering cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to clients’ wedding cakes.
1. All deposits are non-refundable. However, they are transferrable.
2. A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of 25% or £1000 (whichever is the lesser) for large scale events is required to be made to us in cleared funds, along with a completed booking form, before your booking is confirmed. The balance of the Price will be due 4 weeks prior to the event unless a credit arrangement has been made.
3. For other events a non-refundable deposit must be paid in cleared funds before your booking is confirmed, along with a completed booking form, which will be quoted based on the overall Price for the event. The balance of the Price will be due 5 working days prior the event unless a credit arrangement has been made. We reserve the right to waive the deposit for any event. This is at our discretion, and the booking form then becomes binding at the time of signing.
4. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, and BACS transfer.
5. Please see your invoice for details of how to pay
6. The Company reserves the right to charge interest (at the higher of the rate of 8% and the rate specified from time to time in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act on late payments).
7. We reserve the right to charge a one off £30 admin fee for any late payments, plus any interest accrued monthly at the rate stated in point 6
Blue Sheep Catering reserves the right to cancel any function or event for any of the following reasons:
a) If the client or Blue Sheep Catering becomes insolvent or enters liquidation or receivership.
b) If the event may prejudice the reputation or cause damage to Blue Sheep Catering.
In any of these situations Blue Sheep Catering will refund any payments made in advance but will have no further liability to the client.
The following cancellation charges will be applied, which reflect the costs and expenses we may incur on your behalf as the function date nears, and the reduced time available to us to obtain any alternative bookings:
1. The Deposit paid is non-refundable, regardless of the length of time prior to the event you decide to cancel.
2. Provided the final balance has not been paid, we will not require any further payment.
3. If the final balance has been paid, we will refund any monies not yet been spent on your event. Any monies that have been spent on your event will not be refunded.
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Only once written cancellation is received will the cancellation become effective.
1. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the accuracy of quotations, prices quoted only become binding once agreed in your catering package and once the Terms and Conditions come into force. It is the price quoted in your ‘catering package’ which must be paid in full, however, the Company reserves the right to charge more for the food to be provided and / or for labour in the event that the cost of such items increases between the time of conclusion of the contract and the time of the event. In this case the price increase will only be the amount of additional cost directly incurred by the Company and any price change will be notified to you in writing as soon as possible, and in any case, prior to the event.
2. All food which is not consumed within two hours at room temperature should be disposed of. Any person subsequently consuming food, or taking food home for consumption, does so at their own risk. Blue Sheep Catering cannot accept responsibility for food consumed otherwise than at the location at which the food is supplied, or after the initial two hour period.
3. Food Allergies & Intolerances: Please note that all of our food contains allergenic ingredients. Special diets for food allergies will be catered for only if they have been arranged prior to your event and confirmed in writing.
If you wish to know more about our ingredients, please speak to us.
Limitation of liability
1. Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement including deliberate breaches is strictly limited to the contract package price and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us.
This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
(a) For death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
(c) For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
(d) For any deliberate breaches of these Terms by us that would entitle you to terminate the contract between us.
(e) For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
2. We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us including but not limited to:
(a) Loss of income or revenue;
(b) Loss of business;
(c) Loss of profits or contracts;
(d) Waste of management or office time however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
1. Any equipment lost or damaged by you or any guest will be charged at the full replacement cost.
2. Additional charges may apply for the hiring of site kitchens and specialist equipment and if so, these will be stated in your catering package.
The Company reserves the right to charge (including for any applicable increased or overtime rates) more for staffing costs should any function run on longer than initially planned or detailed in the catering package through no fault of the Company or the caterers.
Corkage for wine & champagne is charged at the rate specified in your catering package. This will cover the chilling, serving, glass hire and recycling of empty bottles. A fee can be agreed upon before the event (and if so this will be stated in the quotation) so there are no hidden charges or unexpected charges after the event.
It is strongly recommended that clients arrange adequate Event & Cancellation Insurance to protect against cancellation, costs, damage, and public liability.
Blue Sheep Catering cannot be held responsible in any way for any unsuitable weather conditions that may arise. If we have to cancel due to bad weather, we will offer another date. If another date cannot be agreed, you will be refunded, minus the deposit. However, if you cancel, then the cancellation policy applies.
Limitation of Liability and indemnity
The Company shall not be liable for events beyond its control or for indirect or consequential loss or damage, and the Company’s maximum liability (whether in Contract Tort or otherwise) shall not exceed the price paid for the Services and the Customer shall indemnify the Company in respect of any loss or damage to the Company or its property that is caused by the Customer.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Any notice shall be in writing, including by email, to the recipient’s email address as provided herein or otherwise as provided to the other party from time to time.